(shrimp) can be cleaned easily without
wasting much of shrimp.
- Remove the head by twisting it
- Peel off the shell by beginning
at the thicker end on top and moving
down to tail.
- Remove tail by pinching and pulling
off the tail shell slowly since
tails are completely edible. (Keep
the tail if you are serving prawn
(shrimp) as an appetizer.)
- Clean vein by cutting prawn's
(shrimp) back just enough to expose
vein and then removing the vein
- Finally rinse the prawn (shrimp)
with clean and cold water.